This article will discuss the demand for wood sublimation products and how you can get into this booming industry. You may have heard that people love using beautiful crafting materials in their homes or office space, but do they realize just the growing trend of these items? Wood has been one of the most widely used decorating objects across cultures worldwide since time immemorial!
All we need to do is alternately use this process- get some blank pieces and then print custom designs on them according to the client’s requirements! But, first, let’s go over some details about how everything works so that we can start this business today.
Material Required for Wood Sublimation
Sublimating on wood blanks is almost the same, with a few minor differences in how it’s done. One difference you may notice, though-substantial prints will need equipment that can handle high-quality printing processes such as wood. So let’s take a look!
Sublimation Printer for Wood Sublimation
With the use of wooden blocks, your print will have a different texture than if it were done on plain paper. To ensure that you are purchasing an appropriate printer for any final changes in size or shape needed from the sublimation printing process, which involves ink pooling and staining fabrics with heat to create images; know what prints can be produced by this type of device as well as their dimensions before making such decisions!
Ink and Paper
When printing on wooden blocks, make sure you use high-quality sublimation ink and paper to get the best possible result. This will ensure your final print has vibrant colors because only these are capable enough to give life-like shades that jump off the page!
Knowing the right wooden blank texture is essential for getting a good result with sublimation inks. You’ll also have to make sure that your wood has been coated because only then will it hold onto any given type of printable ink well enough so you can enjoy all its benefits without worrying about smudging or peeling off after just one use!
Heat Press Machines
To get the most durable prints, you need to use heat press machines with high temperature and pressure ranges. Get a high range of temperature settings and have the ability for variable pressure to make sure your print looks great!
Steps of the Wood Sublimation Process
As a designer, you will need to get the design and texture of your wooden blank correct before executing the wood sublimation process. These are some steps that should be followed to print custom designs on wooden blocks.
- To get the best possible wood prints, you must have a texture and size for your blanks. Once this is done, select designs that will print well on top of them in vibrant colors!
- Make sure the designs are printed on high-resolution sublimation paper. You should use high-quality special ink for this process. High contrast and sharpness are important for a clear print, so make sure you get it just right!
- Now it’s time to transfer your design from the digital world into a physical one. First, place both sides of the paper on top of each other, lining up any creases and making sure they’re lined up evenly before pressing down firmly so that no air bubbles form between them when you release pressure after setting the temperature with heat press settings below 350°F (176 °C). Next, place the design on top of the wooden block, then place both items onto your heat press machine. The pressure from the machine will embed it in coating for you!
- When your design has finished printing on the wooden block, then cool it. Remove the paper after completing the cooling process. You’ll be left with an image that will never come off!
Where to Buy Best Sublimation Printers and Wood Sublimation Blanks?
Here is the list of top marketplaces that are selling Sublimation Printers online.
What if I told you that there was a place where people from all over the world come to order anything and everything they need? Well, it’s true. Amazon is one of those places–they have sublimation printers for sale and a wide selection of accessories available on their site!
And apart from these items available on amazon, there are also reviews by millions of satisfied customers, so finding what works for your business becomes easier than ever before with just one search engine at hand—Amazon.
This site is all about vintage products, and it’s one of the best places for you to get your sublimation needs. If anything has a vintage touch or an old-fashioned look in design, then this website will be able to fulfill what kind of print job interests you most!
Sublimation products are the best way of getting your designs printed on anything. HeatPressNation will help you find everything from t-shirts, bags, or accessories with no minimum order size! In addition, their prices are so low that they import wholesale quantities of high-quality materials, so it’s easy for anyone who can use a little creativity in their life to get started today.
The Bestsub site is a one-stop shop for all your sublimation needs. They have over 6000 products, and the number of listings keeps growing every day! This company cares deeply about quality – they never deliver anything less than top-notch goods with their large delivery fleet ensuring timely deliveries on any order you place at Bestsub.
Sublimet is a site that has everything you need to get your business off the ground. Whether it’s vinyl products, accessories, or new equipment like ovens and printers for sublimation printing – they have what it takes to ensure customers are satisfied. You can also find some great deals available too like discounts during certain times.
Wood Sublimation Tips
- If you’re looking to get your design or logo printed on a wooden board and have them last, then be aware that each type of coating will yield different results. The first thing is figuring out what material the plank’s made from because only certain inks work with these surfaces!
- Secondly, have an understanding of the color and texture combinations that are present in your wooden blank. Understanding these qualities will help you decide which print design would be great for vibrant color output!
- Remember that you should practice your favorite design every day to make a perfect custom design on wooden blocks.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I do Sublimation on Wood?
Sublimation is a special type of physical “process” that requires elevated pressure and temperature. A process that does not involve any chemical change at all and only works in some specific conditions.
So while it is theoretically possible to do sublimation on wood, you would need to use the right materials and equipment (e.g., a high-pressure chamber or kiln), which takes up a lot more space than most people have available.
- What do I need to sublimate on Wood?
Other than the surface of the wood – paper, fabric, etc., for sublimation – you need to buy sublimation inks, a sublimation printer, and a heat press machine.
- What temperature do you sublimate wood?
Wood can be sublimed at 200 degrees Celsius (or 390 degrees Fahrenheit).
- What Surfaces can you sublimate on?
Sublimation is a fantastic way to print images or logos on many surfaces, and it’s easy with the dye sublimation process! Dye-sublimatable surfaces include plastic, polyester, or ceramic. For wood printing, you can use plastic coating for quicker dry time than polymer paper.
- Can you sublimate on laminate Products?
Yes, you can utilize the sublimation process to laminate products. Lamination film is a two-step process that involves putting the polyester film to an unfinished wooden block and then sublimating over it; you can apply the laminate to products with 100 percent polyester film.
- Why do we use parchment paper for wood sublimation?
When sublimating on wood, it’s necessary to coat the surface with something that will get damaged by heat and pressure. To protect their coating from getting destroyed too quickly-parchment paper is used.
Camryn is an Entrepreneur who is in the sublimation printing business since 2015. He is the chief executive officer of Sublyprint Digital and the owner of https://bestsublimationprinters.com. He shares his first-hand experience with sublimation equipment and helping the users in making decisions. Camryn also share his knowledge with users on Quroa. He also published a paper about printing process.